Table of Contents
- 2017 Feb • Hayley describes a transformative experience in Indonesia
- 2016 May-Sept • Feliz Zschoche volunteers at Peace Place
- 2016 FPT-AWP activities
- 2015 June • Vidya Sutton returns to Kathmandu after the earthquakes
- 2015 April • AVP workshops in Nepal
- 2015 March • Najla Drooby’s experience at the Peace Place International Workshop
- 2015 March • Discernment workshop in Nepal
- 2015 February – March • Autumn Star shares about her trip to Indonesia
- 2015 Feb • Autumn Star returns to Indonesia
- 2015 FPT-AWP activities
- 2014 September • English Classes with students at Raudlatul Falah, an Islamic high school in Java
- 2014 April • Philippines Peace Team Travel Log
- 2014 March – April • Indonesia Peace Team Travel Log
- 2014 • Indonesia Peace Team, Vydia Sutton
- New Generation of Barak Induk Team
- 2014 February • Indonesia Peace Team Travel Log
- 2013 December • Nepal Peace Team Travel Log
- Friends’ work continues
- 2013 October • Philippines Peace Team Travel Log
- 2013 Peace Team to Indonesia – Blaze Nowara, Christopher Hughes, Ludwig Bon Quirog
- 2013 Jun – Jul • Indonesia Peace Team Travel Log
- Never Underestimate the Power of a Few People — Growth Always Comes from Small Sprouts!
- 2013 Feb • Indonesia Peace Team
- Training Facilitators for AVP Workshops in Refugee Camps in Eastern Nepal
- Opening of the Taman Bermain Buemoe Ubeut (Small Earth Playground) Preschool in Langsa
- Community Noticing Improvement in Joglo Preschool Students’ Behavior
- Struggles in the Lhotshampa Refugee Camps
- Supporting AVP Facilitators in Nepal
- Yuyun’s Artist Scholarship
- 2012 • Indonesia Peace Team, John Michaelis
- 2012 • Extended Service, Kristina Blank
- 2012 Jan • Indonesia, Joe Dosch
- Norway, July 2011 • Team Member, Terese Longva Returns Home to Terror
- DOLLS! DOLLS! DOLLS!
- All in a day’s work
- 2011 • Extended Service, Esther Buckwalter
- Peace is Possible!!!
- We did it! Indonesians run AVP basic workshop in East Aceh
- 2007 Jan • Indonesia Peace Team, Jakarta
- 2007 Jan • Indonesia Peace Team, N Sumatra
- 2007 Jan • Indonesia Peace Team, Aceh
- An Adventure in Indonesia, Stephen S. Haynes February 2007 unpublished article.
2014 February • Indonesia Peace Team Travel Log
Friends Peace Teams returned to Indonesia mid-January to mid-February 2014. Nadine Hoover did this trip alone, which gave us time to catch up, assess where we’re at and make plans. Facilitation of workshops was shared with a strong Indonesian team and we were able to run four in all. Highlights of the trip were:
- The first teen AVP basic workshop for teens was held in Barak Induk, N Sumatra. Six of the young people, three men and three women, have formed the Barak Induk New Generation AVP Team and are conducting two mini-workshops a month!
- Residents of Barak Induk are safe for the first time in forty years, after we delivered documentation of their case to the U.N. and five embassies in Jakarta.
- A trauma healing AVP workshop in Aceh was well received and a psychologist has taken interest. She is closing her private practice to engage in personal practice based on what she’s learned and rethink her approach to re-opening a new office in support of AVP in the region. The AVP Aceh Coordinating Team, Fauziah, Bowo and Tina, were greatly supported by this workshop.
- A basic workshop in Pati run by local facilitators, were able to utilize Nadine’s assistance in improving their skill in facilitating role plays.
- A discernment workshop in Pati was well received. They felt it was more streamlined, clearer and doable, which is important as they hope to demonstrate that the social organization of the Peace Place, an interfaith training center, can be run by discernment.
- The preschool teachers in both New Sprouts Preschool in Barak Induk and Joglo Preschool in Pati were able to learn and practice teaching non-violently. It is a long struggle for adults who have survived colonization, war and abuse to learn to treat children well.
We look forward to the traveling Friends Peace Team, March 26 – April 23, which currently includes Vidya Sutton and Judy Simpson (Australia), Jay Starr (MI, USA) studying in Jogjakarta, Dwight Burton (USA) living in Jakarta, Amy Rakusin and Phil Fratesi (MD, USA) and Nadine Hoover (NY, USA).
Please let Nadine know ASAP if you’d like to join! Write to Indonesia@FriendsPeaceTeams.org. We will be doing an AVP basic in a traditional Javanese village outside of Jogjakarta and a teen workshop in Jogjakarta, then travel to Pati for a trauma healing workshop, and finally to Sumatra to work on writing a book on Barak Induk: Protectors of the Forest. Nadine Hoover, Coordinator, Friends Peace Teams in Indonesia