Table of Contents
- 2017 Feb • Hayley describes a transformative experience in Indonesia
- 2016 May-Sept • Feliz Zschoche volunteers at Peace Place
- 2016 FPT-AWP activities
- 2015 June • Vidya Sutton returns to Kathmandu after the earthquakes
- 2015 April • AVP workshops in Nepal
- 2015 March • Najla Drooby’s experience at the Peace Place International Workshop
- 2015 March • Discernment workshop in Nepal
- 2015 February – March • Autumn Star shares about her trip to Indonesia
- 2015 Feb • Autumn Star returns to Indonesia
- 2015 FPT-AWP activities
- 2014 September • English Classes with students at Raudlatul Falah, an Islamic high school in Java
- 2014 April • Philippines Peace Team Travel Log
- 2014 March – April • Indonesia Peace Team Travel Log
- 2014 • Indonesia Peace Team, Vydia Sutton
- New Generation of Barak Induk Team
- 2014 February • Indonesia Peace Team Travel Log
- 2013 December • Nepal Peace Team Travel Log
- Friends’ work continues
- 2013 October • Philippines Peace Team Travel Log
- 2013 Peace Team to Indonesia – Blaze Nowara, Christopher Hughes, Ludwig Bon Quirog
- 2013 Jun – Jul • Indonesia Peace Team Travel Log
- Never Underestimate the Power of a Few People — Growth Always Comes from Small Sprouts!
- 2013 Feb • Indonesia Peace Team
- Training Facilitators for AVP Workshops in Refugee Camps in Eastern Nepal
- Opening of the Taman Bermain Buemoe Ubeut (Small Earth Playground) Preschool in Langsa
- Community Noticing Improvement in Joglo Preschool Students’ Behavior
- Struggles in the Lhotshampa Refugee Camps
- Supporting AVP Facilitators in Nepal
- Yuyun’s Artist Scholarship
- 2012 • Indonesia Peace Team, John Michaelis
- 2012 • Extended Service, Kristina Blank
- 2012 Jan • Indonesia, Joe Dosch
- Norway, July 2011 • Team Member, Terese Longva Returns Home to Terror
- DOLLS! DOLLS! DOLLS!
- All in a day’s work
- 2011 • Extended Service, Esther Buckwalter
- Peace is Possible!!!
- We did it! Indonesians run AVP basic workshop in East Aceh
- 2007 Jan • Indonesia Peace Team, Jakarta
- 2007 Jan • Indonesia Peace Team, N Sumatra
- 2007 Jan • Indonesia Peace Team, Aceh
- An Adventure in Indonesia, Stephen S. Haynes February 2007 unpublished article.
2013 December • Nepal Peace Team Travel Log
December in Nepal
Friends peace teams returned to Nepal this past December. There were six on the overseas visiting team although not all were able to be there for the full period; Ann Duseau, Bob Barnes, Chris Campbell, John Michaelis Margaret Willen and Mary Amel. The facilitation was shared with a strong Nepali team and we were able to run simultaneous workshops, five in all. Highlights of the trip were:
- The first Trauma Healing workshop in Nepal with participants who were refugees from the human trafficking. This is an area of great suffering and need and I hope this work will grow and that it will spread beyond Nepal.
- Two workshops in Pokhara, a town about eight hours bus ride from Kathmandu, in the foothills of the Annapurna range. I expect AVP in this region to expand rapidly and become a new self-sustaining regional base in Nepal. We have been invited back for at least five new workshops in the villages in the area in April – May 2014. There are many new AVP enthusiasts keen to be trained as facilitators.
- A formal invitation from AVP Nepal to hold the next AVP International gathering in Lumbini, a Nepalese town that is the birthplace of the Buddha. They have put a lot of research and work into preparing the invitation and I believe the time is ripe for the event to take place in a developing country in Asia West Pacific. Lumbini is a unique and wonderful location and the Nepal team is ready and able to host the event.
The strong relationships that have and are continuing to grow between visiting and Nepalese facilitators are the basis for opportunities to come. I have no doubt that visiting facilitators will return to Nepal and that the bonds between AVP, FPT and Nepal will strengthen. If you choose to visit Nepal on a future trip be prepared for it to change your life, for you will surely begin a love affair with the country and its people.
The next Nepal visit, focussing particularly on developing AVP in Pokhara and on Trauma Healing is preliminarily scheduled for April – May 2014. If you are interested in joining the trip, pencil it in your calendar and email: email@example.com.