Table of Contents
- 2017 Feb • Hayley describes a transformative experience in Indonesia
- 2016 May-Sept • Feliz Zschoche volunteers at Peace Place
- 2016 FPT-AWP activities
- 2015 June • Vidya Sutton returns to Kathmandu after the earthquakes
- 2015 April • AVP workshops in Nepal
- 2015 March • Najla Drooby’s experience at the Peace Place International Workshop
- 2015 March • Discernment workshop in Nepal
- 2015 February – March • Autumn Star shares about her trip to Indonesia
- 2015 Feb • Autumn Star returns to Indonesia
- 2015 FPT-AWP activities
- 2014 September • English Classes with students at Raudlatul Falah, an Islamic high school in Java
- 2014 April • Philippines Peace Team Travel Log
- 2014 March – April • Indonesia Peace Team Travel Log
- 2014 • Indonesia Peace Team, Vydia Sutton
- New Generation of Barak Induk Team
- 2014 February • Indonesia Peace Team Travel Log
- 2013 December • Nepal Peace Team Travel Log
- Friends’ work continues
- 2013 October • Philippines Peace Team Travel Log
- 2013 Peace Team to Indonesia – Blaze Nowara, Christopher Hughes, Ludwig Bon Quirog
- 2013 Jun – Jul • Indonesia Peace Team Travel Log
- Never Underestimate the Power of a Few People — Growth Always Comes from Small Sprouts!
- 2013 Feb • Indonesia Peace Team
- Training Facilitators for AVP Workshops in Refugee Camps in Eastern Nepal
- Opening of the Taman Bermain Buemoe Ubeut (Small Earth Playground) Preschool in Langsa
- Community Noticing Improvement in Joglo Preschool Students’ Behavior
- Struggles in the Lhotshampa Refugee Camps
- Supporting AVP Facilitators in Nepal
- Yuyun’s Artist Scholarship
- 2012 • Indonesia Peace Team, John Michaelis
- 2012 • Extended Service, Kristina Blank
- 2012 Jan • Indonesia, Joe Dosch
- Norway, July 2011 • Team Member, Terese Longva Returns Home to Terror
- DOLLS! DOLLS! DOLLS!
- All in a day’s work
- 2011 • Extended Service, Esther Buckwalter
- Peace is Possible!!!
- We did it! Indonesians run AVP basic workshop in East Aceh
- 2007 Jan • Indonesia Peace Team, Jakarta
- 2007 Jan • Indonesia Peace Team, N Sumatra
- 2007 Jan • Indonesia Peace Team, Aceh
- An Adventure in Indonesia, Stephen S. Haynes February 2007 unpublished article.
Friends’ work continues
Friends Peace Teams in Asia West Pacific just had a wonderful working group monthly call as Friends are excited about going to Nepal, Israel, Palestine and Gaza next month, all focusing heavily on supporting the development of Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP) workshops.
The Philippines team was so glad to arrive three days after the earthquake and before the typhoon there, so we have been able to stay in personal touch with Friends in both Bohol and Samar, Philippines. While on the call we placed a specific call to Ludwig, a Friend from Bohol, Philippines. Ludwig is currently on a boat with other AVPers rescuing people and while they travel in and out of the area for rescue, they’re practicing their AVP activities!!!
We also heard about Friends around the US, Australia and Europe inspired by the opportunities to meet and get to know one another from a huge diversity of background. Petrus in Central Java raised the blessings of our plurality and the political deceptions going on under that banner, which are so harmful.
Please write to Asia@FriendsPeaceTeams.org to subscribe to our e-news list or ‘friend’ us on Facebook. Our commitment is to long-term relationships with Friends and friends of Friends committed to grassroots peace work in Asia West Pacific.