Table of Contents
- 2017 Feb • Hayley describes a transformative experience in Indonesia
- 2016 May-Sept • Feliz Zschoche volunteers at Peace Place
- 2016 FPT-AWP activities
- 2015 June • Vidya Sutton returns to Kathmandu after the earthquakes
- 2015 April • AVP workshops in Nepal
- 2015 March • Najla Drooby’s experience at the Peace Place International Workshop
- 2015 March • Discernment workshop in Nepal
- 2015 February – March • Autumn Star shares about her trip to Indonesia
- 2015 Feb • Autumn Star returns to Indonesia
- 2015 FPT-AWP activities
- 2014 September • English Classes with students at Raudlatul Falah, an Islamic high school in Java
- 2014 April • Philippines Peace Team Travel Log
- 2014 March – April • Indonesia Peace Team Travel Log
- 2014 • Indonesia Peace Team, Vydia Sutton
- New Generation of Barak Induk Team
- 2014 February • Indonesia Peace Team Travel Log
- 2013 December • Nepal Peace Team Travel Log
- Friends’ work continues
- 2013 October • Philippines Peace Team Travel Log
- 2013 Peace Team to Indonesia – Blaze Nowara, Christopher Hughes, Ludwig Bon Quirog
- 2013 Jun – Jul • Indonesia Peace Team Travel Log
- Never Underestimate the Power of a Few People — Growth Always Comes from Small Sprouts!
- 2013 Feb • Indonesia Peace Team
- Training Facilitators for AVP Workshops in Refugee Camps in Eastern Nepal
- Opening of the Taman Bermain Buemoe Ubeut (Small Earth Playground) Preschool in Langsa
- Community Noticing Improvement in Joglo Preschool Students’ Behavior
- Struggles in the Lhotshampa Refugee Camps
- Supporting AVP Facilitators in Nepal
- Yuyun’s Artist Scholarship
- 2012 • Indonesia Peace Team, John Michaelis
- 2012 • Extended Service, Kristina Blank
- 2012 Jan • Indonesia, Joe Dosch
- Norway, July 2011 • Team Member, Terese Longva Returns Home to Terror
- DOLLS! DOLLS! DOLLS!
- All in a day’s work
- 2011 • Extended Service, Esther Buckwalter
- Peace is Possible!!!
- We did it! Indonesians run AVP basic workshop in East Aceh
- 2007 Jan • Indonesia Peace Team, Jakarta
- 2007 Jan • Indonesia Peace Team, N Sumatra
- 2007 Jan • Indonesia Peace Team, Aceh
- An Adventure in Indonesia, Stephen S. Haynes February 2007 unpublished article.
Opening of the Taman Bermain Buemoe Ubeut (Small Earth Playground) Preschool in Langsa
In September AVP Aceh Team performed several activities, namely:
AVP Aceh Teams’s visit to Barak Induk, and their Tunas Baru (New Shoots) Preschool. AVP Aceh Team’s visit to Tunas Baru Preschool in Barak Induk was held on 2-3 September 2012. We met there in order to learn and practice early childhood education to develop our plans of opening a new preschool, Taman Bermain Buemoe Ubeut (Small Earth Playground) Preschool in Langsa.
This photo is a discussion with the AVP Aceh Team and Tunas Baru early childhood teachers in the preschool opened the Taman Bermain Buemoe Ubeut (Small Earth Playground) Preschool in Langsa. The opening of the Preschool happened in one room of the Bimbingan Belajar Nurul Illmi Building. Our connection to this building is through Risky who is one of the managers. We opened on the 26th September 2012. This preschool is open one day a week, every Wednesday from 2:00 to 5:00 in the afternoon.
We opened with three play centers: Nature Center, Dress Up Center and Readiness Center. Students who participate total 5 children aged 3-5 years. The number of Companion teachers total five, Tina, Fitri, Risky, Fauziah and Bowo.
Caption: Nizam, Afis, Zalfa and Putri were playing in the sandbox in the company of companion teacher Fitri.
Afis is moving soybeans into another plate using tweezers.