Table of Contents
- Ferizal, Langsa, East Aceh, Indonesia • 25 September 1975 – 3 July 2017
- 2016 March • Earthquake Strikes Mentawai Island
- A Decade of Tsunami Relief: Author chat with Nadine Hoover of Friends Peace Teams
- Tunas Baru Preschool’s First College Graduate!
- 2015 FPT-AWP Annual report
- Update: How you can help the people of Barak Induk
- People of Barak Induk once again under attack
- 2015 June • News from Joglo Preschool
- Minute approved on 2 June 2015 by the AWP Working Group
- Nepal Earthquake Relief Log
- Visiting communities to listen to stories of loss and repair destroyed hopes for survival
- Nepal Relief Update
- Nepal Earthquake Appeal Letter
- First batch of relief support is distributed in Nepal
- Stay at the FPT Guesthouse in Pati, Indonesia
- Silaturahmi: The Power of Visiting
- News from Palestine and Israel
- Exploratory Workshop: Connecting with Australia’s First Peoples
- Community Reading Room and the Barak Induk New Generation AVP Team
- Floods in Pati, Central Java
- “Power of Goodness” has come under the care of FPT-AWP
- Good News for Global Drinking Water!
- AWP Fall 2013 Newsletter
- PeaceWays Newsletter Fall-Winter 2013-14 issue
- News August 3 2013
- News June 26 2013
- News from Nanik at Peace Place
- News April 1 2013
- News February 25 2013
- Activities at Peace Place in February 2013
- Report to Australia Yearly Meeting January 2013
- Peace Is Possible 16 January 2013
- Petrus sent us a letter from Peace Place in Central Java today.
- News August 2012
- News August 1, 2012
- News June 2012
- News May 2012
- Expanding from Indonesia to Asia West Pacific!
- News 12 April 2011
- Peace is Possible 9 March 2011
- News 14 Dec 2010
- News 25 Nov 2010
- News, 10 Aug 2010
- News 20 July 2010
- News 15 April 2010
- News 8 March 2010
- Water Filters 21 Jan 2010
- News 18 Jan 2010
- Teacher Update 18 Jan 2010
- News 27 Oct 2009
- News 19 Sept 2009
- News 15 May 2009
- News 16 April 2009
- News 28 Feb 2009
- News 15 Feb 2009
- News 9 Feb 2009
- News 14 Jan 2009
- PIPA Letter to Indonesian Government January 2009
- News 12 Dec 2008
- News 13 Nov 2008
- Request for Teachers
April 27 2008
- News 13 April 2008
Stay at the FPT Guesthouse in Pati, Indonesia
The Friends Guesthouse at
Peace Place, Pati, Central Java, Indonesia
The Friends Guesthouse at Peace Place, Pati, Central Java welcome’s all visitors. The guesthouse consists of a dedicated room in Nanik and Petrus‘ home which stands in front of the Peace Place Training Center. The Guesthouse consists of a very simple, second-story room with good ventilation and two queen bed mattresses on wooden slats, common to Indonesia.
Advance booking is necessary.
Guests come to participate in the activities of Peace Place:
- Visit with Nanik and Petrus, who have a significant commitment to peace in the region.
- Visit Christian and Islamic neighbors, schools and study centers.
- Participate in or facilitate Alternatives to Violence Project workshops.
- Conduct activities with the on-site preschool, after-school or parenting programs.
- Teach English as a Second Language.
- Special activities in farming, household use of bio-fuel, art, religion, village life or others may be arranged.
Volunteers who are willing to teach English and who schedule in advance can draw in significant financial support for Peace Place through such open classes.
Guests who would like to visit Peace Place and the area are also welcome. Nanik and Petrus can help hire you a car and driver to visit the sites in the area.
Accommodations typically cost Rp50,000/night and food costs Rp75,000/day (3 meals, snacks, drinks and occasional fruit).
Typical transportation costs:
Car rental Rp300,00/day + gas (in and around Pati is about Rp150,000 for gas).
Motorcycle use approx. Rp25,000 for gas, a motorcycle is available for use at no charge.
Taxi Pati – Semarang Rp400,000 + Rp50,000 for the driver.
Airline ticket – Semarang to Jakarta, Rp900,000 – 1,000,000 on Garuda (it may be cheaper on Lion Air, but Garuda uses the international terminal in Jakarta and for first time visitors Garuda is recommended).
Airline ticket – Semarang to Medan, Rp1,000,000 – 1,800,000 on Lion or Rp1,900,000 on Garuda.
Of course, these are approximate, prices may change.
Directions: Fly into Semarang Airport, approach the single taxi stand outside arrivals door, request a taxi to Pati (currently about Rp400,000 one-way), and give them Petrus and Nanik’s address and phone numbers. The ride from Semarang to Pati takes about 1.5 hours.
To make arrangements to stay, contact:
Nanik <firstname.lastname@example.org> +62-(0)857-4002-5972
Petrus <email@example.com> +62-(0)813-2665-8483
For more information, contact:
• Related posts
2015 Feb • Helping At Joglo Preschool – In this post, Autumn Star reports on her experience after traveling to Indonesia in February 2015. She reports on her work at Joglo Preschool.
2016 June – July • Volunteering at Peace Place – In this post, Felicitas Zschoche reports on her extended volunteer work at Peace Place.
2016 June • American family of Four visiting Peace Place – In this post Erik Skeaff reports on his family’s experience at Peace Place.