Table of Contents
- 2016 March • Earthquake Strikes Mentawai Island
- A Decade of Tsunami Relief: Author chat with Nadine Hoover of Friends Peace Teams
- Tunas Baru Preschool’s First College Graduate!
- 2015 FPT-AWP Annual report
- Update: How you can help the people of Barak Induk
- People of Barak Induk once again under attack
- 2015 June • News from Joglo Preschool
- Minute approved on 2 June 2015 by the AWP Working Group
- Nepal Earthquake Relief Log
- Visiting communities to listen to stories of loss and repair destroyed hopes for survival
- Nepal Relief Update
- Nepal Earthquake Appeal Letter
- First batch of relief support is distributed in Nepal
- Stay at the FPT Guesthouse in Pati, Indonesia
- Silaturahmi: The Power of Visiting
- News from Palestine and Israel
- Exploratory Workshop: Connecting with Australia’s First Peoples
- Community Reading Room and the Barak Induk New Generation AVP Team
- Floods in Pati, Central Java
- “Power of Goodness” has come under the care of FPT-AWP
- Good News for Global Drinking Water!
- AWP Fall 2013 Newsletter
- PeaceWays Newsletter Fall-Winter 2013-14 issue
- News August 3 2013
- News June 26 2013
- News from Nanik at Peace Place
- News April 1 2013
- News February 25 2013
- Activities at Peace Place in February 2013
- Report to Australia Yearly Meeting January 2013
- Peace Is Possible 16 January 2013
- Petrus sent us a letter from Peace Place in Central Java today.
- News August 2012
- News August 1, 2012
- News June 2012
- News May 2012
- Expanding from Indonesia to Asia West Pacific!
- News 12 April 2011
- Peace is Possible 9 March 2011
- News 14 Dec 2010
- News 25 Nov 2010
- News, 10 Aug 2010
- News 20 July 2010
- News 15 April 2010
- News 8 March 2010
- Water Filters 21 Jan 2010
- News 18 Jan 2010
- Teacher Update 18 Jan 2010
- News 27 Oct 2009
- News 19 Sept 2009
- News 15 May 2009
- News 16 April 2009
- News 28 Feb 2009
- News 15 Feb 2009
- News 9 Feb 2009
- News 14 Jan 2009
- PIPA Letter to Indonesian Government January 2009
- News 12 Dec 2008
- News 13 Nov 2008
- Request for Teachers
April 27 2008
- News 13 April 2008
Activities at Peace Place in February 2013
Hello Friends, Activities at Peace Place in February 2013 have included:
Joglo Preschool. The preschool teachers meet after school every Monday through Wednesday and on the fourth Wednesday we do team building and on the fourth Thursday we do a monthly Discernment Meeting. On February 14, 2013, the results of our team building were:
- Ninok‘s strengths are that she arrives earlier in the morning now. Since Nadine was here one week it is true that it’s so much easier to work with the children.
- Utami‘s strength is that she’s calmer and more observant.
- Nanik‘s strength is her enthusiasm to practice directly with Nadine and now to try to think of activities that fit with the developmental level and needs of a child.
On February 21, 2013, the results of our discernment were: We need to notice and remind each other when we have lost our language when we’re with children and to pay more attention to our body language, especially to notice when one of us needs the help of another in order to handle a child (in those moments when we’re with a child who needs attention).
To Be Smart After-school Lessons. The lesson teachers meet every Wednesday, with the fourth Wednesday being a team building and discernment meeting. On February 20, 2013 the results of our team building were:
- Ninok’s strength (as the administrator) is her enthusiasm and her weakness is that she missed Tuesday. The team can help by giving her the attendance for Tuesday. The development is that we have much more knowledge of what we’re doing.
- Mira’s strength is her willingness to learn new things and her weakness is her health, so she is frequently tired and does not have much time. The new development is that she is sharing a lot with Retno.
- Retno’s strength is that she’s in a great place and health and her weakness is that she feels she hasn’t mastered the material. The new development is trying out the ideas that Nadine brought.
- Indri’s strength is her enthusiasm for consistency and her weakness is that when she gives problems the students don’t understand the point of the problem, especially when they’re tired. The new development is that Peace Place is more relaxed, we are more familiar with each others’ strengths and weaknesses and willing to help each other.
- Mapel’s strength is that she is willing and able to learn fast. Her weakness is that she does not want to pay attention to others. She feels this might be because she is a writer, so she has her own world. She feels the team can help her by not intruding on her, because she feels very capable on her own. The new development is to continue to learn.
- Nanik’s strengths are that she is well and enjoying learning. Her weakness is that she is tired. The new development is that she is learning so much from the other team members, from the references, and from Nadine’s visit.
On February 27, 2013 the results of To Be Smart After-school discernment were that we need to pay attention to the children from the moment they arrive until the moment they go home. When the children are asked to clean up, the teachers should not only say clean up, but should participate in the clean up as well. So that we are all cleaning up together (clean up and classify). We shared about our experience of transforming power:
- Mira is happy and learning a lot and feels transforming power gives more energy.
- Retno felt good about the Wednesday team building because it has brought the group closer and shared lots of information and feedback and we got to see each other’s activities.
- Ninok it feels like there is so much time; hoping for the best, trying new information and learning together feels very directed.
- Indri, although she’s tired she doesn’t feel tired; she feels clearer about what she should be doing. She used to get home and not have anything to do. But since she’s been at Peace Place she thinks, what am I going to do to be a better teacher and she has better ideas.
- Nanik is very happy and energetic about all the methods and knowledge that we got to try to practice and remember.
- Mapel enjoys learning so much and having so many books to support the learning, she has no problems with the materials.
Refresher and Discernment for Peace Place. On Saturday, 23 February 23, 2013, we did Carefronting from the Alternatives to Violence Project and translated the activity. Discernment for Peace Place:
- Nanik’s so happy many friends can learn at Peace Place. She feels how much we are all learning.
- Ninok’s full of happiness; the change she feels is that the learning is bringing a great deal of calm.
- Mira is sleepy but improving in health.
- Utami is full of happiness as well because she can participate in the discernment with others and feels so much more calm as a teacher.
We looked back over the agenda for the Discernment Meeting for Peace Place.
- April 26 – 28, 2013, Basic Workshop I with the team: Nanik, Mira, Ninok and Utami.
- June 17, 2013 a young adult Friends Peace Teams from the US arrives.
- June 24 – 26, 2013, Adult / Youth Training.
- July – August no workshops.
- November 22 – 24, 2013, Basic Workshop I.