Table of Contents
- Ferizal, Langsa, East Aceh, Indonesia • 25 September 1975 – 3 July 2017
- 2016 March • Earthquake Strikes Mentawai Island
- A Decade of Tsunami Relief: Author chat with Nadine Hoover of Friends Peace Teams
- Tunas Baru Preschool’s First College Graduate!
- 2015 FPT-AWP Annual report
- Update: How you can help the people of Barak Induk
- People of Barak Induk once again under attack
- 2015 June • News from Joglo Preschool
- Minute approved on 2 June 2015 by the AWP Working Group
- Nepal Earthquake Relief Log
- Visiting communities to listen to stories of loss and repair destroyed hopes for survival
- Nepal Relief Update
- Nepal Earthquake Appeal Letter
- First batch of relief support is distributed in Nepal
- Stay at the FPT Guesthouse in Pati, Indonesia
- Silaturahmi: The Power of Visiting
- News from Palestine and Israel
- Exploratory Workshop: Connecting with Australia’s First Peoples
- Community Reading Room and the Barak Induk New Generation AVP Team
- Floods in Pati, Central Java
- “Power of Goodness” has come under the care of FPT-AWP
- Good News for Global Drinking Water!
- AWP Fall 2013 Newsletter
- PeaceWays Newsletter Fall-Winter 2013-14 issue
- News August 3 2013
- News June 26 2013
- News from Nanik at Peace Place
- News April 1 2013
- News February 25 2013
- Activities at Peace Place in February 2013
- Report to Australia Yearly Meeting January 2013
- Peace Is Possible 16 January 2013
- Petrus sent us a letter from Peace Place in Central Java today.
- News August 2012
- News August 1, 2012
- News June 2012
- News May 2012
- Expanding from Indonesia to Asia West Pacific!
- News 12 April 2011
- Peace is Possible 9 March 2011
- News 14 Dec 2010
- News 25 Nov 2010
- News, 10 Aug 2010
- News 20 July 2010
- News 15 April 2010
- News 8 March 2010
- Water Filters 21 Jan 2010
- News 18 Jan 2010
- Teacher Update 18 Jan 2010
- News 27 Oct 2009
- News 19 Sept 2009
- News 15 May 2009
- News 16 April 2009
- News 28 Feb 2009
- News 15 Feb 2009
- News 9 Feb 2009
- News 14 Jan 2009
- PIPA Letter to Indonesian Government January 2009
- News 12 Dec 2008
- News 13 Nov 2008
- Request for Teachers
April 27 2008
- News 13 April 2008
News May 2012
What’s Important About Friends Peace Teams in Asia West Pacific
▪ Meeting people face-to-face, living and working together is a cost-effective, humane way to create peace.
▪ I feel like I’m part of a big family from around the world that I have fallen in love with.
▪ When we share our children and families, we’re no longer strangers.
▪ AVP gives us simple, practical things we can do to make peace.
▪ Seeing AVP work in another culture reminds me AVP is an exciting way of being in the world, not just a series of workshops and tools.
▪ Making water filters along with doing grassroots peace work is such a powerful way to make the world a better place.
▪ Our tools really work to break down the fear of violence and connect people so they can trust one another again.
▪ Our stories are interwoven into one story; I need to get to know others to understand my world.
▪ I want to be connected to people far away as well as close who are working for a nonviolent world in concrete, accessible, practical ways.
How can we focus on doing these things we most value really well?
▪ Being part of a big, loving family from around the world.
▪ Meeting face-to-face, living and working together.
▪ Practicing simple, practical alternatives to violence in daily life.
▪ Breaking down fear and building trust.
▪ Sharing our stories interwoven into one story.
▪ Making water filters.