Table of Contents
- Ferizal, Langsa, East Aceh, Indonesia • 25 September 1975 – 3 July 2017
- 2016 March • Earthquake Strikes Mentawai Island
- A Decade of Tsunami Relief: Author chat with Nadine Hoover of Friends Peace Teams
- Tunas Baru Preschool’s First College Graduate!
- 2015 FPT-AWP Annual report
- Update: How you can help the people of Barak Induk
- People of Barak Induk once again under attack
- 2015 June • News from Joglo Preschool
- Minute approved on 2 June 2015 by the AWP Working Group
- Nepal Earthquake Relief Log
- Visiting communities to listen to stories of loss and repair destroyed hopes for survival
- Nepal Relief Update
- Nepal Earthquake Appeal Letter
- First batch of relief support is distributed in Nepal
- Stay at the FPT Guesthouse in Pati, Indonesia
- Silaturahmi: The Power of Visiting
- News from Palestine and Israel
- Exploratory Workshop: Connecting with Australia’s First Peoples
- Community Reading Room and the Barak Induk New Generation AVP Team
- Floods in Pati, Central Java
- “Power of Goodness” has come under the care of FPT-AWP
- Good News for Global Drinking Water!
- AWP Fall 2013 Newsletter
- PeaceWays Newsletter Fall-Winter 2013-14 issue
- News August 3 2013
- News June 26 2013
- News from Nanik at Peace Place
- News April 1 2013
- News February 25 2013
- Activities at Peace Place in February 2013
- Report to Australia Yearly Meeting January 2013
- Peace Is Possible 16 January 2013
- Petrus sent us a letter from Peace Place in Central Java today.
- News August 2012
- News August 1, 2012
- News June 2012
- News May 2012
- Expanding from Indonesia to Asia West Pacific!
- News 12 April 2011
- Peace is Possible 9 March 2011
- News 14 Dec 2010
- News 25 Nov 2010
- News, 10 Aug 2010
- News 20 July 2010
- News 15 April 2010
- News 8 March 2010
- Water Filters 21 Jan 2010
- News 18 Jan 2010
- Teacher Update 18 Jan 2010
- News 27 Oct 2009
- News 19 Sept 2009
- News 15 May 2009
- News 16 April 2009
- News 28 Feb 2009
- News 15 Feb 2009
- News 9 Feb 2009
- News 14 Jan 2009
- PIPA Letter to Indonesian Government January 2009
- News 12 Dec 2008
- News 13 Nov 2008
- Request for Teachers
April 27 2008
- News 13 April 2008
News 18 Jan 2010
Friends Peace Teams
INDONESIA INITIATIVE NEWS
Nadine Hoover, Coordinator
Peace Team January 30 – March 28, 2010!
1. In February, Autumn Star, a young adult, will go with me into areas of Aceh newly opened up since special travel permits are no longer required. We will also visit the pre-schools. The Acehnese have requested training for facilitators for Alternatives to Violence workshops. We hope to be able to translate enough of a T4F training manual that they feel they can train facilitators on their own in the future.
2. We will also check on the two wheelchairs we sent to the refugee camp and Aceh and order more if they work well in those environments when we have the funds.
3. In March, Nick Dosch, who graduated last year with a ceramic material sciences degree will assist the Indonesians in working out difficulties associated with increasing the volume of production while guaranteeing the quality of each filter.
4. Sarah Mandolang, a young adult, will also come in March to assist the refugees in learning to conduct their own trauma healing workshops. She will also organize some family evenings for adults to learn developmental play activities.
5. Peter Watson from Aotearoa/New Zealand Yearly Meeting will also join us in March to work with the woodworkers making children’s blocks and to work with the teachers on creative ideas.
6. Six of the seven teachers on college scholarships completed the equivalent of an AA degree and are now continuing to teach in the Pre-School in Jaring Halus. The seventh teachers is still pursing her degree in psychology.
7. Autumn began a “Messages of Peace Card Ministry.” On 4×6 cards, anyone is invited to share a bit about yourself and about what you know about peace in your life, community and the world. After you have written on a card it will be translated into Indonesian on the opposite side of the card so that we can continue to share our experience, knowledge and practice of peace beyond just our close circles. Therefore, you are asked to please write on a 4×6 card… Date, place, name, age, five-word introduction, and a message about:
- One message you have to share with others about how you commit to, practice or ensure peace; OR
- What event or work we’ve done that was meaningful to you; OR
- A quote that is inspiring to you that would further peace among us.
Please write on one side only; the other side is for translation. You may send it to Nadine Hoover, 90 West University St., Alfred, NY 14802. We will invite the Indonesians to do the same and translate to English.
Please check your email address for me: Indonesia@FriendsPeaceTeams.org , although yesterday the FPT server wasn’t connecting, so I’m using my other address, ConscienceStudio@gmail.com right now until the FPT server is back.