When making decisions about how to donate your money, how do you decide?
Because we rely on volunteers and personal relationships, with very little overhead, we can deliver earmarked donations directly to a place of need.
What can Friends Peace Teams-AWP do better than other international charitable organizations?
• Our commitment to establishing long-term relationships in areas of conflict develops trustworthy relationships in little-traveled areas where trust is built over time.
• Our commitment to principled friendships puts us in touch with local customs and scale to understand if and how outside help can best help as needs arise.
• Our commitment to seeking the good in everyone builds relationships with people who often fall through the cracks of larger organizations, particularly vulnerable communities such as rural, low-caste or displaced peoples.
• Our person-to-person organization based on discernment and feedback allows for rapid response when time is of the essence!
• Our workshops, particularly Alternatives to Violence Project basic training, trauma resiliency, developmental play and discernment, transmit hands-on tools and practices that shape and guide our network’s interactions with people in conflict and disaster zones.
• Sustainers support our low overhead, allowing earmarked donations to go directly to local people working on-site.
Thank you to all our sustainers or donors!
Become a sustainer or donor today:
Donate with PayPal:
Click on the yellow button that says “Donate” on the right side of the page and enter your credit or debit information and the amount you would like to donate to the Asia West Pacific Peace Teams.
You do not need a PayPal account to donate through PayPal. PayPal is simply the credit card processing service we use which provides us with secure data encryption technologies and physically secure servers that aren’t connected directly to the Internet.
On the last page of the PayPal donation form you will have an opportunity to indicate a specific activity to fund. Simply click the link “Would you like to designate a fund?” and a text box will appear.
In the US:
Mail checks to: Friends Peace Teams 1001 Park Ave St. Louis, MO 63104
Write “Asia West Pacific” in the memo line of your check.
Mail cheques to: Elizabeth Jane Drexler, PO Box 69 Roseville NSW 2069 Australia
Transfer funds: Use Bill Pay to transfer
Bank: Westpac, Account name: Friends Peace Teams Asia West Pacific Incorporated, BSB: 032 086, Account No: 366770
SWIFT Code: WPACAU2S (for donations from outside Australia)
Current projects in need of funding:
When donating, note the activity of your choice and your donation will be directed to fund that specific activity. All dollar amounts listed as US funds.
• Support an Afghani women’s rights activist to join the International Workshop in Java ($2,000)!
• Support two West Papuan trainers to share their training in Java ($3,300)!
• Build Peace Place in Java as a Friends presence and training site ($300/year for three years).
Become an Asia West Pacific Sustainer:
Declare your support for making Friends Peace Teams reliably available to people in the world and become a sustainer by pledging $500/year!
It only takes a few of us to make a huge difference. Fifty sustainers would ensure an infrastructure of support for Friends called to the ministry of peace in Asia West Pacific, their hosts and team members.
Recent projects funded!
These recent projects have been funded by generous donations from supporters like you.
• Fund Subhash Kattel to translate Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP) Manuals into Nepali.