Table of Contents
- US, June 2017 • Young Adult Quaker’s National Gathering at Pendle Hill
- US, May 2017 • AVP/USA National Gathering
- US, May 2017 • AVP Liberation Workshop Cambridge Friends Meeting House, MA
- US, May 2017 • Jamuna visits at FPT Council Face to Face Meeting
- Norway, May 2017 • Nadine goes to Norway
- Korea • What is THAAD?
- Korea • Spring 2017 News
- Korea • Meet Youngsil Kang and Chuck Esser
- ‘Peace Pilgrimage’ to South Korea October 2015
- Stand Up for the Power of Peace: Middle East
- West Bank, Oct 2015 • A Traveling Friend Reports
- Minute approved on 2 June 2015 by the AWP Working Group
- S Korea, February 2015 • Nadine Hoover hosted an Advanced AVP Trauma Healing Workshop in Gangchon, Korea
- Middle East, 2015 May – Jun • FPT-AWP continues to explore a partnership in the Middle East
- Planned Middle East Friends Peace Team • May – June 2015
- Ireland, July 2014 • FPT-AWP Peace Team members travel to AVP International 2014!
- Middle East, 2014 May • Exploratory Peace Team
- Australia, 2014 Feb – Mar • Nadine Hoover, Sojourning Friend at Silver Wattle
- Australia, Jan 2014 • Friends Peace Teams Weekend at Silver Wattle
- Australia, March 2013 • Discernment Workshop at Silver Wattle Quaker Centre
- Middle east, 2013 Dec • Exploratory Peace Team
- Norway, July 2011 • Team Member, Terese Longva Returns Home to Terror
Norway, July 2011 • Team Member, Terese Longva Returns Home to Terror
Terese Longva returns home from her travels on Friends Peace Teams to Indonesia to shocking events in Norway.
International Business Times reports in “Striking PHOTOS: Norway Explosion and Shooting Kill at least 91″ “Norwegian police confirmed Saturday morning that they had arrested Anders Behring Breivik, 32, a suspect identified as right wing Christian fundamentalist who is responsible for both the bombing and the youth camp shooting rampage in Oslo, Norway Friday.
“The deadly explosion and shooting attacks left 91 dead. The suspect will face terrorism charges that carry a prison sentence of up to 21 years according to the police report on Saturday.
“Breivik who is thought to have planted the bomb near Prime Minister’s Office killed seven people and then headed to Utoeya island for the killing massacre, during which he shot dead at least 84 people.
“Utoeya, a small wooded holiday island was hosting the annual camp for the Labor Party’s youth wing when the gunman turned the “youth paradise into a hell,” Norwegian Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg said during a separate news conference. “What happened at Utoeya is a national tragedy. Not since World War II has our country seen a greater crime,” Reuters cited him as saying.”
Our hearts go out to all their families. I wish we did not train people to think that violence is a solution to any problem.