Table of Contents
- 2017 Sept • North Korea
- US, June 2017 • Young Adult Quaker’s National Gathering at Pendle Hill
- US, May 2017 • AVP/USA National Gathering
- US, May 2017 • AVP Liberation Workshop Cambridge Friends Meeting House, MA
- US, May 2017 • Jamuna visits at FPT Council Face to Face Meeting
- Norway, May 2017 • Nadine goes to Norway
- Korea • What is THAAD?
- Korea • Spring 2017 News
- Korea • Meet Youngsil Kang and Chuck Esser
- ‘Peace Pilgrimage’ to South Korea October 2015
- Stand Up for the Power of Peace: Middle East
- West Bank, Oct 2015 • A Traveling Friend Reports
- Minute approved on 2 June 2015 by the AWP Working Group
- S Korea, February 2015 • Nadine Hoover hosted an Advanced AVP Trauma Healing Workshop in Gangchon, Korea
- Middle East, 2015 May – Jun • FPT-AWP continues to explore a partnership in the Middle East
- Planned Middle East Friends Peace Team • May – June 2015
- Ireland, July 2014 • FPT-AWP Peace Team members travel to AVP International 2014!
- Middle East, 2014 May • Exploratory Peace Team
- Australia, 2014 Feb – Mar • Nadine Hoover, Sojourning Friend at Silver Wattle
- Australia, Jan 2014 • Friends Peace Teams Weekend at Silver Wattle
- Australia, March 2013 • Discernment Workshop at Silver Wattle Quaker Centre
- Middle east, 2013 Dec • Exploratory Peace Team
- Norway, July 2011 • Team Member, Terese Longva Returns Home to Terror
US, June 2017 • Young Adult Quaker’s National Gathering at Pendle Hill
Continuing Revolution 2017: Peace
Young Adult Quaker’s National Gathering
5-7 June, 2017 at Pendle Hill, Wallingford, PA
Young adult innovators lead the peace movement through showing different programs and activities from there own places. The Continuing Revolution among young adult Quakers is a national
gathering to plant the seeds of peace. It reached for the possibility of creating peace between enemies within a temporarily real community gathering, deep in the Pendle Hill in Wallingford, PA, USA.
I believe that after experiencing how life would feel, living together in peace, removed from their normal reality at home, young people from entrenched conflict areas would be guided by a more hopeful idea for peace upon their return. I was inspired to see the cultivating of new generations of leaders to transform conflict. Young people have the courage and capacity to change and lead change.
Youth voices in peace building are present everywhere, but sometimes not recognized, although most young peace builders create positive impact with minimal resources. It’s important to provide them with the tools they need to become more effective change markers.
Nadine Hoover and I did an hour and a half session on “The Power of Visiting: Politics of Making Friends, not Enemies.” It was very powerful to see how important self care and understanding of good companionship is for peace, at home and in the world. We offered an interactive experience of building friendship, bound by cooperative agreements, and bolstered by the tools of learning to listen and share hard stories as well as uplifting stories. Nadine also call Quakers to practice their faith, to experience the immense transforming power in life, to trust it and to let it guide and shape our lives and decisions.
During the meal times at lunch and dinner interested groups learned more with an individual who was involved in the work of peace. So Hayley Hathaway shared about the Friends Peace Teams (FPT) and Nadine Hoover and Jamuna Shrestha added about FPT and my purpose of visiting in the U.S.
I learnt how love and respect can create peace, but we have to continue the revolution and support to the young adults. Thank you.
With love and peace,