Table of Contents
- Norway, May 2017 • Nadine goes to Norway
- Korea • What is THAAD?
- Korea • Spring 2017 News
- Korea • Meet Youngsil Kang and Chuck Esser
- ‘Peace Pilgrimage’ to South Korea October 2015
- Stand Up for the Power of Peace: Middle East
- West Bank, Oct 2015 • A Traveling Friend Reports
- Minute approved on 2 June 2015 by the AWP Working Group
- S Korea, February 2015 • Nadine Hoover hosted an Advanced AVP Trauma Healing Workshop in Gangchon, Korea
- Middle East, 2015 May – Jun • FPT-AWP continues to explore a partnership in the Middle East
- Planned Middle East Friends Peace Team • May – June 2015
- Ireland, July 2014 • FPT-AWP Peace Team members travel to AVP International 2014!
- Middle East, 2014 May • Exploratory Peace Team
- Australia, 2014 Feb – Mar • Nadine Hoover, Sojourning Friend at Silver Wattle
- Australia, Jan 2014 • Friends Peace Teams Weekend at Silver Wattle
- Australia, March 2013 • Discernment Workshop at Silver Wattle Quaker Centre
- Middle east, 2013 Dec • Exploratory Peace Team
- Norway, July 2011 • Team Member, Terese Longva Returns Home to Terror
Minute approved on 2 June 2015 by the AWP Working Group
Minute approved on 2 Jun 2015 by the AWP Working Group
Joe DiGarbo has traveled to Israel and Palestine to offer Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP) workshops with Joe Moore every year for the last nine years. They support AVP in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Hebron, Ramallah and Gaza, with great gratitude expressed everywhere they go. Two years ago, Joe DiGarbo began exploring what it would take to bring their trips under the care of Friends Peace Teams.
Tensions are high in the region, how information is expressed is extremely sensitive and, as volunteers taking time off work for this demanding service and witness, time is limited and has to be allocated carefully. Therefore, Joe DiGarbo has decided to keep their work under the care of his monthly meeting supported by other meetings in his regional meeting. If at any time he feels he’s ready to engage with Friends Peace Teams, he will attend the FPT Council and explore a Middle East Initiative with the Council. At this time, Friends called to support this work are encouraged to send donations earmarked to “Middle East AVP” to Joe Moore, 1071 Hunters Path, Lancaster, PA 17601