Table of Contents
- 6th Annual International Peace Training at Peace Place
- Alla Soroka shares her experience at the 2018 International Peace Training
- May 2018 • Updates from Indonesia
- Christians and Muslims Visit through Study at Joglo Preschool
- 2017 May • Papuans update after returning home from International Peace Training
- Anita reports on the 2017 Peace Training at Peace Place
- 2017 Feb • Hayley describes a transformative experience in Indonesia
- 2017 Feb • Nanik reports on the 4th Annual International Peace Training
- Perspectives on the 2017 International Peace Training
- 2017 Feb • Mentawai Islands
- Compassionate Listening Workshop at Peace Place
- 2017 Feb • Reflections from our 4th Annual International Peace Training
- Joglo Preschool
- 2017 Feb – Mar • 4th Annual International Training for Peace
- 2016 Jul-Aug • Joglo Preschool is Becoming a Model for Others
- Sharing the Power of Goodness at PhilYM
- 2016 June – July • Volunteering at Peace Place – Felicitas Zschoche from Germany
- 2016 June • American family of Four visiting Peace Place
- 2016 April – May • Peace Place Activity Update
- 2016 May-Sept • Feliz Zschoche volunteers at Peace Place
- 2016 March • Earthquake Strikes Mentawai Island
- A Decade of Tsunami Relief: Author chat with Nadine Hoover of Friends Peace Teams
- Tunas Baru Preschool’s First College Graduate!
- Barak Induk: Leaders to Meet Soon
- Presentation to University Muria Kudus, Central Java, Indonesia
- 2016 Jan • International Training at Peace Place
- Update: How you can help the people of Barak Induk
- People of Barak Induk once again under attack
- 2015 Dec – 2016 Jan • Friends Peace Team to Indonesia
- 2015 June • News from Joglo Preschool
- 2015 March • International Training for Peace
- 2015 Feb • Helping At Joglo Preschool
- Stay at the FPT Guesthouse in Pati, Indonesia
- 2014 Jan – Apr • Friends Peace Team Indonesia/Australia
- Never Underestimate the Power of a Few People — Growth Always Comes from Small Sprouts!
- Opening of the Taman Bermain Buemoe Ubeut (Small Earth Playground) Preschool in Langsa
- Petrus Introducing the new Joglo Preschool
- 2012 • Extended Service, Kristina Blank
- 2012 Jan – Mar • Indonesia Peace Team
- 2011 • FRIENDS IN BARAK INDUK UNDER ATTACK
- Children and teachers playing at The Peace Place.
- 2011 • Extended Service, Esther Buckwalter
- We did it! Indonesians run AVP basic workshop in East Aceh
- 2011 • Extend Service Nicholas Rozard
- 2011 Jun – Jul • Indonesia Peace Team
- 2011 April • FWCC Manila Peace Team
- 2011 Feb – Mar • Indonesia Peace Team
- 2009 • Voice of Barak Induk
- An Adventure in Indonesia, Stephen S. Haynes February 2007 unpublished article.
- 2006 • Friends in Conscience in Indonesia, Nadine Hoover; NYYM Spark: NYC, NY.
- 2006 • Alfred Builds Eight Houses In Tsunami Area, Nadine Hoover
- 2005 • Help or Hope for the Acehnese? The Human Face of War, by Nadine Hoover September 2005, unpublished manuscript.
- 2005 • Gratitude to Alfred Residents in Tsunami Aftermath, Nadine Hoover; Alfred Sun: Alfred, NY.
2011 April • FWCC Manila Peace Team
Friends Peace Teams to Indonesia accompanied four Indonesian women, two from Indonesia Yearly Meeting and two from SHEEP in Yogyakarta, March 30 – April 8, 2011, in joining Friends World Committee for Consultation, Asia/West Pacific Section’s Gathering in Manila, joining the young Friends gathering on the last day.
The study packet for this year is: FAITH AND ACTION
James 2: 14-17 My brothers, what good is it for someone to say that he has faith if his actions do not prove it? Can that faith save him? Suppose there are brothers or sisters who need clothes and don’t have enough to eat. What good is there in saying to them, “God Bless You! Keep warm and eat well!” – if you don’t give them the necessities of life? So it is with faith: if it is alone and includes no actions, then it is dead.
Friends from SHEEP became more acquainted with the Religious Society of Friends and we had time with Friends from Indonesia Yearly Meeting to discuss plans to translate more Quaker material into Indonesian.
Contents in the Study Packet for this Gathering includes:
Introduction by Valerie Joy, Executive Secretary AWPS pp 2-3
1. Faith in Practice, Bhaskar Sonkamble, General Conference of Friends in India (GCFI) pp 4-5
2. Are our Actions prompted by our Faith? David Johnson, Far North Queensland, Australia YM pp 6-7
3. Faith versus Good Works: The Premise Is Wrong Boni Quirog, Philippines Unprogrammed Friends pp 7-9
4. Living our Faith, Nick Bagnall, Aotearoa NZ pp 9-10
5. Reflection on James 2 :14 Topsy Evans, Australia YM p 10
6. Living our Faith, Paul Anderson, Professor of Biblical and Quaker Studies, George Fox University pp 11-12
7. A Living Faith: A Reflection on James2: 14-17, Gerry Guiton, Australia YM pp 12-14
8. Reflections on James 2: Anne Price, Australia YM pp 14-16
9. Living our Faith: Mamoru Hitomi, Japan YM pp 16-17
10. Faithful Action: Janet Scott, Britain Yearly Meeting pp17-18
11. Faith in Action: Dayal Gour, GCFI, 19-20