Table of Contents
- 6th Annual International Peace Training at Peace Place
- Alla Soroka shares her experience at the 2018 International Peace Training
- May 2018 • Updates from Indonesia
- Christians and Muslims Visit through Study at Joglo Preschool
- 2017 May • Papuans update after returning home from International Peace Training
- Anita reports on the 2017 Peace Training at Peace Place
- 2017 Feb • Hayley describes a transformative experience in Indonesia
- 2017 Feb • Nanik reports on the 4th Annual International Peace Training
- Perspectives on the 2017 International Peace Training
- 2017 Feb • Mentawai Islands
- Compassionate Listening Workshop at Peace Place
- 2017 Feb • Reflections from our 4th Annual International Peace Training
- Joglo Preschool
- 2017 Feb – Mar • 4th Annual International Training for Peace
- 2016 Jul-Aug • Joglo Preschool is Becoming a Model for Others
- Sharing the Power of Goodness at PhilYM
- 2016 June – July • Volunteering at Peace Place – Felicitas Zschoche from Germany
- 2016 June • American family of Four visiting Peace Place
- 2016 April – May • Peace Place Activity Update
- 2016 May-Sept • Feliz Zschoche volunteers at Peace Place
- 2016 March • Earthquake Strikes Mentawai Island
- A Decade of Tsunami Relief: Author chat with Nadine Hoover of Friends Peace Teams
- Tunas Baru Preschool’s First College Graduate!
- Barak Induk: Leaders to Meet Soon
- Presentation to University Muria Kudus, Central Java, Indonesia
- 2016 Jan • International Training at Peace Place
- Update: How you can help the people of Barak Induk
- People of Barak Induk once again under attack
- 2015 Dec – 2016 Jan • Friends Peace Team to Indonesia
- 2015 June • News from Joglo Preschool
- 2015 March • International Training for Peace
- 2015 Feb • Helping At Joglo Preschool
- Stay at the FPT Guesthouse in Pati, Indonesia
- 2014 Jan – Apr • Friends Peace Team Indonesia/Australia
- Never Underestimate the Power of a Few People — Growth Always Comes from Small Sprouts!
- Opening of the Taman Bermain Buemoe Ubeut (Small Earth Playground) Preschool in Langsa
- Petrus Introducing the new Joglo Preschool
- 2012 • Extended Service, Kristina Blank
- 2012 Jan – Mar • Indonesia Peace Team
- 2011 • FRIENDS IN BARAK INDUK UNDER ATTACK
- Children and teachers playing at The Peace Place.
- 2011 • Extended Service, Esther Buckwalter
- We did it! Indonesians run AVP basic workshop in East Aceh
- 2011 • Extend Service Nicholas Rozard
- 2011 Jun – Jul • Indonesia Peace Team
- 2011 April • FWCC Manila Peace Team
- 2011 Feb – Mar • Indonesia Peace Team
- 2009 • Voice of Barak Induk
- An Adventure in Indonesia, Stephen S. Haynes February 2007 unpublished article.
- 2006 • Friends in Conscience in Indonesia, Nadine Hoover; NYYM Spark: NYC, NY.
- 2006 • Alfred Builds Eight Houses In Tsunami Area, Nadine Hoover
- 2005 • Help or Hope for the Acehnese? The Human Face of War, by Nadine Hoover September 2005, unpublished manuscript.
- 2005 • Gratitude to Alfred Residents in Tsunami Aftermath, Nadine Hoover; Alfred Sun: Alfred, NY.
Barak Induk: Leaders to Meet Soon
The people of Barak Induk continue to struggle for their right to live on the land they were displaced to over 15 years ago. After many years living relatively undisturbed, the people there developed clear cut forest into livable, workable land. But recently they were again faced being pushed off their land by local officials. You can read more of this background here.
In January of 2016 Nadine Hoover visited with people in Barak Induk. She writes,
In Barak Induk we were able to do a basic AVP workshop for teens, who were 3-6 year olds when they were driven into the mountains, along with some preschool teacher and other local mothers. It was mostly women, although some young men stayed with it. It was extremely successful. One of the wives of leaders of Barak Induk said, “This is what I have looked for all my life. Here I have found what I need.” Rose, married to Yatno, one of the Village Elders.”
Please send this to your friends as soon as possible. We hear that Barak Induk leaders may be called to a meeting in Jakarta as early as this month.
I do hope that the people of Barak Induk receive land rights this year after years of war and displacement!
You can read a document laying out the story of this group of people with great detail: