Table of Contents
- Christians and Muslims Visit through Study at Joglo Preschool
- 2017 May • Papuans update after returning home from International Peace Training
- Anita reports on the 2017 Peace Training at Peace Place
- 2017 Feb • Hayley describes a transformative experience in Indonesia
- 2017 Feb • Nanik reports on the 4th Annual International Peace Training
- Perspectives on the 2017 International Peace Training
- 2017 Feb • Mentawai Islands
- Compassionate Listening Workshop at Peace Place
- 2017 Feb • Reflections from our 4th Annual International Peace Training
- Joglo Preschool
- 2017 Feb – Mar • 4th Annual International Training for Peace
- 2016 Jul-Aug • Joglo Preschool is Becoming a Model for Others
- Sharing the Power of Goodness at PhilYM
- 2016 June – July • Volunteering at Peace Place – Felicitas Zschoche from Germany
- 2016 June • American family of Four visiting Peace Place
- 2016 April – May • Peace Place Activity Update
- 2016 May-Sept • Feliz Zschoche volunteers at Peace Place
- 2016 March • Earthquake Strikes Mentawai Island
- A Decade of Tsunami Relief: Author chat with Nadine Hoover of Friends Peace Teams
- Tunas Baru Preschool’s First College Graduate!
- Barak Induk: Leaders to Meet Soon
- Presentation to University Muria Kudus, Central Java, Indonesia
- 2016 Jan • International Training at Peace Place
- Update: How you can help the people of Barak Induk
- People of Barak Induk once again under attack
- 2015 Dec – 2016 Jan • Friends Peace Team to Indonesia
- 2015 June • News from Joglo Preschool
- 2015 March • International Training for Peace
- 2015 Feb • Helping At Joglo Preschool
- Stay at the FPT Guesthouse in Pati, Indonesia
- 2014 Jan – Apr • Friends Peace Team Indonesia/Australia
- Never Underestimate the Power of a Few People — Growth Always Comes from Small Sprouts!
- Opening of the Taman Bermain Buemoe Ubeut (Small Earth Playground) Preschool in Langsa
- Petrus Introducing the new Joglo Preschool
- 2012 • Extended Service, Kristina Blank
- 2012 Jan – Mar • Indonesia Peace Team
- 2011 • FRIENDS IN BARAK INDUK UNDER ATTACK
- Children and teachers playing at The Peace Place.
- 2011 • Extended Service, Esther Buckwalter
- We did it! Indonesians run AVP basic workshop in East Aceh
- 2011 • Extend Service Nicholas Rozard
- 2011 Jun – Jul • Indonesia Peace Team
- 2011 April • FWCC Manila Peace Team
- 2011 Feb – Mar • Indonesia Peace Team
- 2009 • Voice of Barak Induk
- An Adventure in Indonesia, Stephen S. Haynes February 2007 unpublished article.
- 2006 • Friends in Conscience in Indonesia, Nadine Hoover; NYYM Spark: NYC, NY.
- 2006 • Alfred Builds Eight Houses In Tsunami Area, Nadine Hoover
- 2005 • Help or Hope for the Acehnese? The Human Face of War, by Nadine Hoover September 2005, unpublished manuscript.
- 2005 • Gratitude to Alfred Residents in Tsunami Aftermath, Nadine Hoover; Alfred Sun: Alfred, NY.
2015 Dec – 2016 Jan • Friends Peace Team to Indonesia
You are invited to accompany Nadine Hoover on a visit with Nanik and Petrus at Peace Place and neighboring communities around Pati, Central Java; Ida and Mislan in Barak Induk, North Sumatra; and with friends in Aceh, Indonesia.
Together, we will facilitate workshops to practice skills in peaceful, conscientious living.
Educational and training programs based on the Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP) welcome visitors, games, activities, and practice in English conversation.
We will hold daily spiritual activities and explore actions with attention to preserving peace in the world.
DEC 29 – JAN 12, 2016 (arriving/departing via Semarang)
Stay at Peace Place to visit Nanik and Petrus in Pati, Central Java and neighboring communities and schools, preschool through college, dedicated to overcoming religious violence and preserving peace. Share conversation and your skills with pre-school and after-school elementary and junior high students or with their families. Attend the International Training, January 4 – 10, 2016 to learn and practice skills for living peaceful, conscientious lives and advocate for social justice.
JAN 12 – 25, 2016 (arriving/departing via Medan)
Ride up the mountains of North Sumatra to visit with Ida and Mislan in Barak Induk, a community displaced by the war in Aceh in its transition to peace. Witness the long-term work of restoring and preserving peace after decades of war and violence. Practice skills for secondary trauma resiliency from acclaimed trauma specialist, Lee Norton, including resiliency to burnout and compassion fatigue.
Please contact Nadine Hoover <Indonesia@FriendsPeaceTeams.org> to register for this trip and approve arrival, departure and in-country logistics.