Table of Contents
- 6th Annual International Peace Training at Peace Place
- Alla Soroka shares her experience at the 2018 International Peace Training
- May 2018 • Updates from Indonesia
- Christians and Muslims Visit through Study at Joglo Preschool
- 2017 May • Papuans update after returning home from International Peace Training
- Anita reports on the 2017 Peace Training at Peace Place
- 2017 Feb • Hayley describes a transformative experience in Indonesia
- 2017 Feb • Nanik reports on the 4th Annual International Peace Training
- Perspectives on the 2017 International Peace Training
- 2017 Feb • Mentawai Islands
- Compassionate Listening Workshop at Peace Place
- 2017 Feb • Reflections from our 4th Annual International Peace Training
- Joglo Preschool
- 2017 Feb – Mar • 4th Annual International Training for Peace
- 2016 Jul-Aug • Joglo Preschool is Becoming a Model for Others
- Sharing the Power of Goodness at PhilYM
- 2016 June – July • Volunteering at Peace Place – Felicitas Zschoche from Germany
- 2016 June • American family of Four visiting Peace Place
- 2016 April – May • Peace Place Activity Update
- 2016 May-Sept • Feliz Zschoche volunteers at Peace Place
- 2016 March • Earthquake Strikes Mentawai Island
- A Decade of Tsunami Relief: Author chat with Nadine Hoover of Friends Peace Teams
- Tunas Baru Preschool’s First College Graduate!
- Barak Induk: Leaders to Meet Soon
- Presentation to University Muria Kudus, Central Java, Indonesia
- 2016 Jan • International Training at Peace Place
- Update: How you can help the people of Barak Induk
- People of Barak Induk once again under attack
- 2015 Dec – 2016 Jan • Friends Peace Team to Indonesia
- 2015 June • News from Joglo Preschool
- 2015 March • International Training for Peace
- 2015 Feb • Helping At Joglo Preschool
- Stay at the FPT Guesthouse in Pati, Indonesia
- 2014 Jan – Apr • Friends Peace Team Indonesia/Australia
- Never Underestimate the Power of a Few People — Growth Always Comes from Small Sprouts!
- Opening of the Taman Bermain Buemoe Ubeut (Small Earth Playground) Preschool in Langsa
- Petrus Introducing the new Joglo Preschool
- 2012 • Extended Service, Kristina Blank
- 2012 Jan – Mar • Indonesia Peace Team
- 2011 • FRIENDS IN BARAK INDUK UNDER ATTACK
- Children and teachers playing at The Peace Place.
- 2011 • Extended Service, Esther Buckwalter
- We did it! Indonesians run AVP basic workshop in East Aceh
- 2011 • Extend Service Nicholas Rozard
- 2011 Jun – Jul • Indonesia Peace Team
- 2011 April • FWCC Manila Peace Team
- 2011 Feb – Mar • Indonesia Peace Team
- 2009 • Voice of Barak Induk
- An Adventure in Indonesia, Stephen S. Haynes February 2007 unpublished article.
- 2006 • Friends in Conscience in Indonesia, Nadine Hoover; NYYM Spark: NYC, NY.
- 2006 • Alfred Builds Eight Houses In Tsunami Area, Nadine Hoover
- 2005 • Help or Hope for the Acehnese? The Human Face of War, by Nadine Hoover September 2005, unpublished manuscript.
- 2005 • Gratitude to Alfred Residents in Tsunami Aftermath, Nadine Hoover; Alfred Sun: Alfred, NY.
Stay at the FPT Guesthouse in Pati, Indonesia
The Friends Guesthouse at
Peace Place, Pati, Central Java, Indonesia
The Friends Guesthouse at Peace Place, Pati, Central Java welcome’s all visitors. The guesthouse consists of a dedicated room in Nanik and Petrus‘ home which stands in front of the Peace Place Training Center. The Guesthouse consists of a very simple, second-story room with good ventilation and two queen bed mattresses on wooden slats, common to Indonesia.
Advance booking is necessary.
Guests come to participate in the activities of Peace Place:
- Visit with Nanik and Petrus, who have a significant commitment to peace in the region.
- Visit Christian and Islamic neighbors, schools and study centers.
- Participate in or facilitate Alternatives to Violence Project workshops.
- Conduct activities with the on-site preschool, after-school or parenting programs.
- Teach English as a Second Language.
- Special activities in farming, household use of bio-fuel, art, religion, village life or others may be arranged.
Volunteers who are willing to teach English and who schedule in advance can draw in significant financial support for Peace Place through such open classes.
Guests who would like to visit Peace Place and the area are also welcome. Nanik and Petrus can help hire you a car and driver to visit the sites in the area.
Accommodations typically cost Rp50,000/night and food costs Rp75,000/day (3 meals, snacks, drinks and occasional fruit).
Typical transportation costs:
Car rental Rp300,00/day + gas (in and around Pati is about Rp150,000 for gas).
Motorcycle use approx. Rp25,000 for gas, a motorcycle is available for use at no charge.
Taxi Pati – Semarang Rp400,000 + Rp50,000 for the driver.
Airline ticket – Semarang to Jakarta, Rp900,000 – 1,000,000 on Garuda (it may be cheaper on Lion Air, but Garuda uses the international terminal in Jakarta and for first time visitors Garuda is recommended).
Airline ticket – Semarang to Medan, Rp1,000,000 – 1,800,000 on Lion or Rp1,900,000 on Garuda.
Of course, these are approximate, prices may change.
Directions: Fly into Semarang Airport, approach the single taxi stand outside arrivals door, request a taxi to Pati (currently about Rp400,000 one-way), and give them Petrus and Nanik’s address and phone numbers. The ride from Semarang to Pati takes about 1.5 hours.
To make arrangements to stay, contact:
Nanik <email@example.com> +62-(0)857-4002-5972
Petrus <firstname.lastname@example.org> +62-(0)813-2665-8483
For more information, contact:
• Related posts
2015 Feb • Helping At Joglo Preschool – In this post, Autumn Star reports on her experience after traveling to Indonesia in February 2015. She reports on her work at Joglo Preschool.
2016 June – July • Volunteering at Peace Place – In this post, Felicitas Zschoche reports on her extended volunteer work at Peace Place.
2016 June • American family of Four visiting Peace Place – In this post Erik Skeaff reports on his family’s experience at Peace Place.