Table of Contents
- Christians and Muslims Visit through Study at Joglo Preschool
- 2017 May • Papuans update after returning home from International Peace Training
- Anita reports on the 2017 Peace Training at Peace Place
- 2017 Feb • Hayley describes a transformative experience in Indonesia
- 2017 Feb • Nanik reports on the 4th Annual International Peace Training
- Perspectives on the 2017 International Peace Training
- 2017 Feb • Mentawai Islands
- Compassionate Listening Workshop at Peace Place
- 2017 Feb • Reflections from our 4th Annual International Peace Training
- Joglo Preschool
- 2017 Feb – Mar • 4th Annual International Training for Peace
- 2016 Jul-Aug • Joglo Preschool is Becoming a Model for Others
- Sharing the Power of Goodness at PhilYM
- 2016 June – July • Volunteering at Peace Place – Felicitas Zschoche from Germany
- 2016 June • American family of Four visiting Peace Place
- 2016 April – May • Peace Place Activity Update
- 2016 May-Sept • Feliz Zschoche volunteers at Peace Place
- 2016 March • Earthquake Strikes Mentawai Island
- A Decade of Tsunami Relief: Author chat with Nadine Hoover of Friends Peace Teams
- Tunas Baru Preschool’s First College Graduate!
- Barak Induk: Leaders to Meet Soon
- Presentation to University Muria Kudus, Central Java, Indonesia
- 2016 Jan • International Training at Peace Place
- Update: How you can help the people of Barak Induk
- People of Barak Induk once again under attack
- 2015 Dec – 2016 Jan • Friends Peace Team to Indonesia
- 2015 June • News from Joglo Preschool
- 2015 March • International Training for Peace
- 2015 Feb • Helping At Joglo Preschool
- Stay at the FPT Guesthouse in Pati, Indonesia
- 2014 Jan – Apr • Friends Peace Team Indonesia/Australia
- Never Underestimate the Power of a Few People — Growth Always Comes from Small Sprouts!
- Opening of the Taman Bermain Buemoe Ubeut (Small Earth Playground) Preschool in Langsa
- Petrus Introducing the new Joglo Preschool
- 2012 • Extended Service, Kristina Blank
- 2012 Jan – Mar • Indonesia Peace Team
- 2011 • FRIENDS IN BARAK INDUK UNDER ATTACK
- Children and teachers playing at The Peace Place.
- 2011 • Extended Service, Esther Buckwalter
- We did it! Indonesians run AVP basic workshop in East Aceh
- 2011 • Extend Service Nicholas Rozard
- 2011 Jun – Jul • Indonesia Peace Team
- 2011 April • FWCC Manila Peace Team
- 2011 Feb – Mar • Indonesia Peace Team
- 2009 • Voice of Barak Induk
- An Adventure in Indonesia, Stephen S. Haynes February 2007 unpublished article.
- 2006 • Friends in Conscience in Indonesia, Nadine Hoover; NYYM Spark: NYC, NY.
- 2006 • Alfred Builds Eight Houses In Tsunami Area, Nadine Hoover
- 2005 • Help or Hope for the Acehnese? The Human Face of War, by Nadine Hoover September 2005, unpublished manuscript.
- 2005 • Gratitude to Alfred Residents in Tsunami Aftermath, Nadine Hoover; Alfred Sun: Alfred, NY.
2015 March • International Training for Peace
Friends Peace Teams in Asia West Pacific
Peace Place in Pati, Central Java
An International Workshop on Nonviolence, Healing and Developmental Play
Nadine Hoover facilitator, with Nanik, Petrus and Local Apprentices
15 – 22 March 2015
The workshop opened with two days of Alternatives to Violence Project Basic activities
on nonviolence and transforming power, followed by two days of activities for trauma resiliency and recovery, and closes with two days of play activities for young children, which for adults reconstitute developmental capacities eroded by primary and secondary trauma. Participants encouraged to attend were teens to adults, Indonesian and international, and could include parents, peace workers, local youth workers, preschool teachers or Ministry of Education staff. A seventh day, post-workshop session gave preschool teachers and trainers additional technical experience in bookmaking and/or block building.
Read about the experiences of participants of this amazing workshop:
Najla Drooby writes about her experience in her Travel Log.
Frence Boiser has a blog that you can follow here: Journeys of a Pilgrim
View photos of the workshop on our Facebook page.